NHS Funded Applications
We can deliver in partnership with the NHS counselling for D/deaf & Deafened people.
How can I Apply?
Use our online self-assessment (application), The application is BSL video-assisted, the application will take no longer than 15 minutes.
What Type of Counselling?
Counselling with a deaf focused counsellor helps remove the initial barriers of culture and communication. Your counsellor will help you learn coping techniques and strategies that can help you recover from health issues.
What Types of Health Issues?
Health issues can be mild, moderate or severe with feelings of Depression, Anxiety. Panic Attacks, Feelings of Isolation, Anger, Self-Harm, Trauma, Bullying & Identity as examples. For a full list of help visit our Issues page.
We apply for you due to the complex nature & complications of the application.
We are experienced in the application process & therefore manage the application for you.
- You do not need to make an appointment with your GP to start the application, we speak with the GP on your behalf
- You simply complete the self-assessment (application) which is BSL video-assisted & in English
So how do we manage the NHS application?
- We complete all the documents ready for the application
- We contact the GP for authorisation
- After submission to the funding board- we contact the funding board every 4 weeks until a decision is made
- At each stage of the NHS application, we keep you updated on all correspondence
Questions you may want to ask?
Do you work with many NHS regional funding boards?
YES – We work with most funding boards within the United Kingdom.
Can you guarantee my counselling will be accepted by the NHS?
NO – Each patient is assessed on there merits and needs.
Can I choose the counsellor I want to work with?
YES – visit the counsellor page and make your choice.
Are the counsellor qualified?
YES – Our counsellor are qualified within the framework of the BACP
What languages can I use in counselling?
BSL, ISL, ASL, SSE, Oral lip reading and Hearing Counsellors for people who want a counsellor from outside the D/ deaf social world. Each counsellor is qualified to use sign language.
What are the timescales for the funding decision?
As an average between 6 and 12 weeks, this varies region by region.
Please contact us if you want to ask further questions