D4D has a large team of Deaf Mental Health Counselling Therapists from different backgrounds. Our therapists are both hearing and Deaf.
We are passionate about Deaf Mental Health Counselling. Our aim is to help people have counselling in the preferred communication style of choice.
The problems faced in accessing counselling in general terms are:
- Communication (deaf language, oral counsellor)
- Deaf Culture (hearing counsellor with no experience of the deaf world)
- Interpreted counselling (3-way conversation)
What We Offer
Deaf4Deaf is a Deaf Mental Health C
- We offer NHS Applications (free to you counselling)
- Privately Paid Counselling at £48 (Paid by Session)
- A Discounted Super6 at £228 (6 sessions paid in advance)
Our service is accessible using sign language, you can choose your counsellor based on the communication style used by the counsellor, Visit our team page to view the counsellors signing their profiles.
You can choose a counsellor that works with:
- British Sign Language Users
- Cochlear Implant Deaf
- Oral (a mixture of sign and spoken word)
- Irish Sign Language
- American Sign Language
- International Sign Language